OPEN, Independent Contractor, Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fundraising Event Coordinator Job Description
- Assisting the events team with a high number of events (12 per year), ranging dinner parties, fashion shows, dance contests to auctions and exhibitions.
- Accompanying Director, Public Relations Specialist, and Fundraising Specialist to both internal and external events.
- Promoting events across all social media platforms with Social Media Specialist.
- Supporting the Director with logistical and administrative support.
- Maintaining records of all bookings e.g. venue and catering and taking payments where necessary.
- Assisting with creative decisions.
- Manage reservations and priority seating for VIP diners to ensure customer satisfaction and encourage repeat business.
- Solicit financial contributions from individuals and corporations through telemarketing, letter-writing campaigns, Facebook, and face-to-face appeals.
- Create a PowerPoint slide show for demonstration purposes.
- Attending all meetings to act as a second point of contact.
- Ad-hoc duties at events including, but not limited to, guest list management, showing guests to tables and taking coats.
- Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion.
- Ensuring all branded items for events arrive on time.
- Acumen with event documentation after training:
- Bachelor’s degree in fundraising or related field is desirable, but not essential
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in fundraising
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations
- Strong commercial acumen
- Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creative and used to thinking outside the box.
- Excellent networker
- Passion for events
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Personable and presentable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong project management and problem-solving abilities
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Eager to contribute new ideas.